Friday, January 2, 2009

Friendship

If I could choose what life would be mine, it would be this life that I now have, at this time. I believe that my contented nature is a gift from a Lord that I have submitted the strength of my own will and future to. I strive to make daily attempts to separate myself from the asinine bonds of this world, and surrender my struggles and stubborn desires to create my own happiness. In return, I believe I have been granted a sort of knowing serenity in the shadowing power of a God who has given strength to men much greater than myself, as well as an attitude of humility toward my own lack of control in most situations. This life, the life that I have chosen, one of terrifying unknowns and wondrous possibilities, is where I have truly learned to seek the face of Christ. When you share that life with friends like those that I have come to know, you realize a greater joy in your daily undertakings than you could have come to expect on this earth.
I used to primarily seek solitude. However, I have come to understand the rich depth that such intimate friendships can add to one's life. It is amazing to me that God has allowed these people to be put in my path; individuals so vastly different, yet all so akin to my own heart. I suppose some of my appreciation comes from the fact that these friends serve as a form of validation for my own path. Seeing so many wonderful souls arriving at a similar place, and knowing that they arrived there along a different road, tells me that I am following my heart truly. These people have absolutely humbled me in their honesty, strength, love, and devotion. I want to thank all of them here, and express my great desire to show the care that I have for them in any way that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment