Sunday, September 18, 2016

A (hopefully) New Format

I love writing and the written word.  On a personal level I seem to like the idea of writing more than the practice, and that is something I would like to level out in the coming years.
As as becoming customary, my problem lies within the art of discipline.
In my history with writing I have traditionally waited for an idea or opinion to form that warrants many paragraphs, or that I feel is worth discussing at great length and with considerable difficulty.
Given that, on any writing I may deem worthy of posting, I place the arbitrary requirements that it be a time-intensive and thoroughly polished bit of exposition, more often than not (or all the time) the result is that I shy away from even starting the process.

I have been recently inspired to a new structure by my good friend Jared. He has made a wonderful habit of posting a short excerpt once a day and creating routine.
I believe in being honest with oneself, so I will recognize that I would not and do not have the necessary discipline to commit to posting daily.  However, I am very interested in attempting to regularly write shorter blurbs consisting of a couple of paragraphs and an engaging concept.
Let this be the first effort, and hope that a pattern emerges.

No comments:

Post a Comment