Sunday, August 14, 2011

I thought I would post some of the things that I've been making/working on recently:

My friend gave me a slab of rough cut oak, so I decided to make a corner table out of it.
Sanding and cleaning up the edges took a good chunk of time, but the wood was really pretty.










The legs attached are definitely a temporary situation, but making them detachable was the easiest means of transporting the table between moves.

My roommate and I found some scrap wood behind the industrial design building, so I made a shelf for his desk to give him some extra storage room. The shelves were red cedar scraps, so they smelled awesome.
Recently, I've combined the two to make a pretty handy little entertainment center.

My buddy, Shane, would take me out to work at his blacksmith shop last winter. This letter opener was one of the last things I got to make before he moved off to New Hampshire.

Used cold-rolled steel roundbar (1/4 inch, I believe).

No comments:

Post a Comment