Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bro Time

Some of my best friends in the world are in the above picture. They will all be graduating from college after this semester, while I will be staying behind. Not one of these men are what I would consider ordinary. Every one of them are capable of great things, and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to be influenced by them. Probably the most profound aspect of my college experience has been the company that I have kept.
Looking at this picture got me to thinking about mentorship. It's never really emphasized specifically, but we can see examples of it all throughout the Bible, particularly in the Old Testament.

1 Thessalonians 2:8

“We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our lives as well…”

I've heard it said that mentoring is God's way to lift another toward their full potential. Obviously this kind of thing happens in installments, but I feel like these guys have done more than their fair share. For the past three years, they have been true examples of what it means to not only share your faith with those closest to you, but also share your life, good and bad, with those that you trust. I have some incredible memories thanks to them and the bond that we all formed, and I feel like the best in each of them has had an impact on my own growth.
Can't ask for more than that.
I will miss them, but I am grateful to have had the opportunity to know them, and hope that our friendships will all endure well past the bounds of college graduation.


Thanks guys.


1 Timothy 4:12

“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment